Questons to Midland girls swimming coach Buffy Hall
- 1.) Your 2020 record and highlights— and thoughts.
- 2.) Name some key athletes that have graduated and your remembrances on their contributions to the program.
Natalie Hoefer – Natalie is a freshman at Notre Dame. She is on the rowing team.
Big contributor to MHS Swimming and MHS Sports. Team Captain. Drum Major. Cross Country (She did all three fall her senior year. She wanted to make the best of her senior year because of Covid and was afraid everything would be cancelled.)
- 3.) Please mention several athletes who will be key performers…name, year in school, position. Your expectations from each of these athletes this season. (Feel free to attach a roster if one is available).
- 4.) What expectations do you have of your team this season?
We have a young team. Our hope for the season is to complete the season! We look forward to Tri-Cities and Valleys. Last year Tri-Cities were canceled and Valleys was timed finals. No meets were held at SVSU. We look forward to swimming at SVSU this year.
- 5.) What will be your team’s strength?
Our team is smaller this year. (33 does seem small, but it is for MHS). Our strength is our sportsmanship.
- 6.) What are some things this team needs to work on?
We have not had a meet yet. Our first meet is September 8.
- 7.) Your conference: How strong is it and who would you consider the league favorites? Where do you see your team fitting into the league race?
Dow High and Grand Blanc are the strongest. Heritage, Western and MHS always have good competition.
- 8.) How has it been to have a preseason like this with the lessening of COVID restrictions?
- AMAZING! Swim practice is normal. Let’s hope it continues.